Mary Beth Monzingo Link
Mary Beth Monzingo Link, CPC is the driving force behind Monzingo Legal. With over 25 years of hands-on experience in the legal industry, her background includes law office management, recruiting, human resources, legal marketing and operational management experience at the executive level within law firms, making her uniquely qualified to understand and deliver on the specific needs of law firms.
Mary Beth is a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) through the National Association of Personnel Services and has served on professional boards of director and committees in the legal and public relations industries.
In the course of her extensive legal career, Mary Beth has held positions from paralegal to marketing director to executive director and legal administrator, for law firms of varying sizes and in multiple areas of law, building practices and helping grow careers. She understands what her legal clients need, and how to help candidates build momentum.
Beyond her qualifications and proven track record, Mary Beth is an excellent relationship manager, and is determined to deliver results. She applies creative thinking to her recruiting strategies, bringing continuous development to searches, to the benefit of everyone with whom she serves.
Legal Industry Background
- Twelve years as Legal Administrator in Houston, Texas (Construction Law, Litigation, Trial, Commercial Real Estate, Insurance Defense, Mediation & Arbitration)
- Human Resources Director for a 100-lawyer firm in Miami, Florida (Family Law, Bankruptcy, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Real Estate)
- Houston Marketing Manager for an international law firm based in Texas with over 500 lawyers (Corporate, Government Solutions, Intellectual Property, International, Litigation, Labor & Employment Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Branch Office Manager (Houston and Los Angeles) for an international law firm based in New York with over 2,000 attorneys (Project Finance, Oil & Gas, Energy Law, Renewable Energy, Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Antitrust, Financial Restructuring)
- Firm Administrator for a Plaintiff’s law firm in Houston, Texas (Personal Injury, Maritime Law, Bad Faith Insurance, Storm Litigation, Hurricane Lawyers)
- Marketing Director for a business law firm in Bradenton-Sarasota, Florida (Real Estate, Estate Planning, Tax Law, Local Government, Finance, Land Use Law, Litigation, Trial, Business Law, Corporate, Health Care Law)
- Three years as Executive Director and Vice President of Business Development for CPA litigation support firms, including financial forensics, computer forensics and expert witness services to law firms.
- Two years as Operations Manager in Houston for large staffing & recruiting agency, Legal Network.
Certifications, Affiliations & Awards
- Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC), National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Member, SHRM Southwest Florida (SWFL)
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), 1990 – 2012; 2020 - present
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA), former Editorial Staff of Strategies, The Journal of Legal Marketing
- Member, Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA)
- FPRA Southwest Florida Chapter
- FPRA Central West Coast Chapter, former Vice President of Communications and Director of Media Relations (FPRA-CWC)
- Recipient, Ginnie Duffey-Troyer Award of Professionalism, FPRA-CWC, Public Relations
- Member, The KNOW Women Global
- Selected to the inaugural KNOW Fort Myers Book, Vol 1, 2020 - 2021 as a dynamic professional making an impact on Southwest Florida (click here to learn more)
- Guest Speaker, Dress for Success Worldwide, 2019 - present
- Guest Speaker, Legal Talk Network (radio)
- Featured in the Business Observer - Law section, “Legal eagle” (click here to learn more)
- Moderator, Sarasota-Bradenton Legal Career Fair, Southwest Florida Paralegal Association, Inc., 2018
- Former Board Member and Events Director, National Space & Technology Association (NSTA), Houston, Texas
- AI Award, Best Nationwide Legal Recruitment Agency - USA, 2019
Making an appeal
We focus on the direct-hire placement of attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and C-level executives in law firms across all 50 states, and we work within other industries as well. We also place operational positions for law firms, including marketing directors and coordinators, legal administrative assistants and departmental managers.
But that’s not all we do.
Our focus is on delivering results. We want to build relationships and provide expert strategies for both our candidates and clients, so we can create outcomes that truly benefit all parties involved.
The discovery phase
We begin with our client to determine position specifics. We talk salary and benefits for the potential employee and firm culture, so we know what it means to work for the company and can market your story.
Next, we access the tools we've spent decades building: advanced recruiting software automation, our extensive database and network of contacts, referral sources, and our confidential candidates.
We then craft a candidate profile, complete with documents as specified: CV, resume, cover letter, transcripts, a writing sample, references, and so on.
After client feedback, we understand that time is of the essence and promptly coordinate the interview process, as well as assist with offer negotiations, start date logistics, and follow through to make sure all parties benefit with a successful start.
Interested in learning more about what Monzingo LLC can do for you? Join our newsletter mailing list.