Mary Beth Monzingo Link
Mary Beth Link, CPC is the driving force behind Monzingo Legal which she founded in 2013. With over 30 years of experience in the legal industry, her background includes as Legal Administrator, Marketing Director, Executive Director, Human Resources Director, and in law firm operational management experience at the executive level within law firms of varying sizes and practice areas, making her uniquely qualified to understand and deliver on the specific needs of her clients.
Mary Beth is a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) through the National Association of Personnel Services and has served on professional boards of director and committees in the legal and public relations industries. She is an award winning entrepreneur being featured in Know Women, The Business Observer, and Gulfshore Business magazine.
In the course of her extensive legal career, Mary Beth has held positions from paralegal to marketing director to executive director and legal administrator, for law firms of varying sizes and in multiple areas of law, building practices and helping grow careers. She understands what her legal clients need, and how to help candidates build momentum.
Beyond her qualifications and proven track record, Mary Beth is an excellent relationship manager, and is determined to deliver results. She applies creative thinking to her recruiting strategies, bringing continuous development to searches, to the benefit of everyone with whom she serves.
Legal Industry Background
- Fractional COO/CMO for law firm in Naples, Florida (Litigation, Family Law, Land Use & Zoning, Local Government Law, Real Estate Law, Estate Planning, Corporate/Business Law), 2020 - present
- Twelve years as Legal Administrator in Houston, Texas (Construction Law, Litigation, Trial, Commercial Real Estate, Insurance Defense, Mediation & Arbitration)
- Human Resources Director for a 100-lawyer firm in Miami, Florida (Family Law, Bankruptcy, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Real Estate)
- Houston Marketing Manager for an international law firm based in Texas with over 500 lawyers (Corporate, Government Solutions, Intellectual Property, International, Litigation, Labor & Employment Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Branch Office Manager (Houston and Los Angeles) for an international law firm based in New York with over 2,000 attorneys (Project Finance, Oil & Gas, Energy Law, Renewable Energy, Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Antitrust, Financial Restructuring)
- Firm Administrator for a Plaintiff’s law firm in Houston, Texas (Personal Injury, Maritime Law, Bad Faith Insurance, Storm Litigation, Hurricane Lawyers)
- Marketing Director for a business law firm in Bradenton-Sarasota, Florida (Real Estate, Estate Planning, Tax Law, Local Government, Finance, Land Use Law, Litigation, Trial, Business Law, Corporate, Health Care Law)
- Three years as Executive Director and Vice President of Business Development for CPA litigation support firms, including financial forensics, computer forensics and expert witness services to law firms.
- Two years as Operations Manager in Houston for large staffing & recruiting agency, Legal Network.
Certifications and Licenses
- Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC), National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS), 2016 - present
- Certified Stress Management Coach (CSMC), NESTA/Spencer Institute, 2021
- Florida Real Estate Sales Associate (SL3377618), 2017 - present
- Florida 0214 Life Incl Variable Annuity License (W294553), 2015 - present
- Professional Legal Secretary (PLS), Texas Association of Legal Secretaries, 1989
- National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS), 2016 - present
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 2012- present
- SHRM Southwest Florida (SHRM SWFL)
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), 1990 – 2012; 2020 - 2021
- Houston Education Chair; Houston Retreat Chair
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA), Editorial Staff of Strategies, The Journal of Legal Marketing, 2013 - 2015
- LMA Texas Chapter, Houston City Group, 2005 - 2009
- Member, Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA)
- FPRA Southwest Florida Chapter (FPRA SWFL)
- FPRA Central West Coast Chapter, former Vice President of Communications (2014 - 2015) and Director of Media Relations (2013 - 2014) (FPRA-CWC)
- Member, The KNOW Women Global
- Member, SWFL, Inc. Chamber
- Member, Royal Palm Coast Realtor Association
- Ambassador, Goodwill Manasota, Bradenton, FL 2012 - 2016
- Host Committee, Miracle Fest Awards, Honoring Senator John McKay and benefiting Ave Maria, Sarasota, FL 2014
- The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Communications Council, 2012 - 2014
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, Programming and Education Committee, 2012 - 2014
- Board Member and Events Director, National Space & Technology Association (NSTA), Houston, Texas, 2009 - 2011
- Member, Calusa Waterkeeper®
Presentations and Publications
- Panelist, "Boost Your Professional Confidence," Women Empowered Through Employment Series (WETES), Dress for Success - Southwest Florida, April 20, 2022
- Speaker, "Legal Careers Outlook," Lee County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, August 25, 2021 (click here to learn more)
- Guest Speaker, Dress for Success Worldwide, 2019 - present
- Featured on The High Achieving Female Podcast in episode, "Principles of Building a High Performing Team", airing August 2021 (click here to learn more)
- Guest Speaker, “Enhancing Your Resume to Make it Stand Out”, Women Empowered Through Employment Series (WETES), Dress for Success Southwest Florida, March 24, 2021
- Guest Speaker, “Utilizing Electronic Communications in Your Job Search”, Women Empowered Through Employment Series (WETES), Dress for Success SWFL, 2020
- Moderator, Sarasota-Bradenton Legal Career Fair, Southwest Florida Paralegal Association, Inc., 2018
- Featured in the Business Observer - Law section, “Legal eagle”, 2015 (click here to learn more)
- Featured on Legal Talk Network podcast, "Why Legal Marketing Cannot Be Left to the Marketers" 2014 (click here to learn more)
RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS
- Women to Watch, The eBella eXtra, January 2022, for graduating Leadership SWFL, Inc. (click here to learn more)
- Women to Watch, The eBella eXtra, November 2021, recognized as Certified Personnel Consultant (click here to learn more)
- Best of Business in Staffing, Gulfshore Business, 2021 (click here to learn more)
- AI Award, Best Nationwide Legal Recruitment Agency - USA, 2019
- Selected to the inaugural KNOW Fort Myers Book, Vol 1, 2020 - 2021 as a dynamic professional making an impact on Southwest Florida (click here to learn more)
- SWFL, Inc. Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership SWFL, Class of 2021
- Recipient, Ginnie Duffey-Troyer Award of Professionalism, FPRA-CWC, Public Relations, 2015 (click here to learn more)
- Verified Listing, Legal Recruiters Directory Worldwide
Making an appeal
We focus on the direct-hire placement of attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and C-level executives in law firms across all 50 states, and we work within other industries as well. We also place operational positions for law firms, including marketing directors and coordinators, legal administrative assistants and departmental managers.
But that’s not all we do.
Our focus is on delivering results. We want to build relationships and provide expert strategies for both our candidates and clients, so we can create outcomes that truly benefit all parties involved.
The discovery phase
We begin with our client to determine position specifics. We talk salary and benefits for the potential employee and firm culture, so we know what it means to work for the company and can market your story.
Next, we access the tools we've spent decades building: advanced recruiting software automation, our extensive database and network of contacts, referral sources, and our confidential candidates.
We then craft a candidate profile, complete with documents as specified: CV, resume, cover letter, transcripts, a writing sample, references, and so on.
After client feedback, we understand that time is of the essence and promptly coordinate the interview process, as well as assist with offer negotiations, start date logistics, and follow through to make sure all parties benefit with a successful start.
Interested in learning more about what Monzingo LLC can do for you? Join our newsletter mailing list.