Mary Beth Monzingo Link
Mary Beth Link, née Monzingo, is the driving force behind Monzingo Legal. With over 25 years of hands-on and management experience in the legal industry, her background includes law office management, recruiting, human resources, legal marketing and operational management experience at the executive level within law firms, making her uniquely qualified to understand and deliver on the specific needs of law firms.
Mary Beth is a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) through the National Association of Personnel Services and has served on professional boards of director and committees in the legal and public relations industries.
In the course of her extensive legal career, Mary Beth has held positions from paralegal to marketing director to executive director and legal administrator, for law firms of varying sizes and in multiple areas of law, building practices and helping grow careers. She understands what her legal clients need, and how to help candidates build momentum.
Beyond her qualifications and proven track record, Mary Beth is an excellent relationship manager, and is determined to deliver results. She applies creative thinking to her recruiting strategies, bringing continuous development to searches, to the benefit of everyone with whom she serves.
Legal Industry Background
- Fractional COO/CMO for law firm in Naples, Florida (Litigation, Family Law, Land Use & Zoning, Local Government Law, Real Estate Law, Estate Planning, Corporate/Business Law), 2020 - present
- Twelve years as Legal Administrator in Houston, Texas (Construction Law, Litigation, Trial, Commercial Real Estate, Insurance Defense, Mediation & Arbitration)
- Human Resources Director for a 100-lawyer firm in Miami, Florida (Family Law, Bankruptcy, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Real Estate)
- Houston Marketing Manager for an international law firm based in Texas with over 500 lawyers (Corporate, Government Solutions, Intellectual Property, International, Litigation, Labor & Employment Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Branch Office Manager (Houston and Los Angeles) for an international law firm based in New York with over 2,000 attorneys (Project Finance, Oil & Gas, Energy Law, Renewable Energy, Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Antitrust, Financial Restructuring)
- Firm Administrator for a Plaintiff’s law firm in Houston, Texas (Personal Injury, Maritime Law, Bad Faith Insurance, Storm Litigation, Hurricane Lawyers)
- Marketing Director for a business law firm in Bradenton-Sarasota, Florida (Real Estate, Estate Planning, Tax Law, Local Government, Finance, Land Use Law, Litigation, Trial, Business Law, Corporate, Health Care Law)
- Three years as Executive Director and Vice President of Business Development for CPA litigation support firms, including financial forensics, computer forensics and expert witness services to law firms.
- Two years as Operations Manager in Houston for large staffing & recruiting agency, Legal Network.
Certifications and Licenses
- Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC), National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS), 2016 - present
- Certified Stress Management Coach (CSMC), NESTA/Spencer Institute, 2021
- Florida Real Estate Sales Associate (SL3377618), 2017 - present
- Florida 0214 Life Incl Variable Annuity License (W294553), 2015 - present
- Professional Legal Secretary (PLS), Texas Association of Legal Secretaries, 1989
- National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- SHRM Southwest Florida (SHRM SWFL)
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA), 1990 – 2012; 2020 - 2021
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA), former Editorial Staff of Strategies, The Journal of Legal Marketing
- Member, Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA)
- FPRA Southwest Florida Chapter (FPRA SWFL)
- FPRA Central West Coast Chapter, former Vice President of Communications and Director of Media Relations (FPRA-CWC)
- Member, The KNOW Women Global
- Member, Royal Palm Coast Realtor Association
- Former Board Member and Events Director, National Space & Technology Association (NSTA), Houston, Texas
- Member, Calusa Waterkeeper®
Presentations and Publications
- Guest Speaker, Dress for Success Worldwide, 2019 - present
- Featured on The High Achieving Female Podcast in episode, "Principles of Building a High Performing Team", airing August 2021
- Guest Speaker, “Enhancing Your Resume to Make it Stand Out”, Women Empowered Through Employment Series (WETES), Dress for Success SWFL, 2021
- Guest Speaker, “Utilizing Electronic Communications in Your Job Search”, Women Empowered Through Employment Series (WETES), Dress for Success SWFL, 2020
- Moderator, Sarasota-Bradenton Legal Career Fair, Southwest Florida Paralegal Association, Inc., 2018
- Featured in the Business Observer - Law section, “Legal eagle”, 2015 (click here to learn more)
- Featured on Legal Talk Network podcast, "Why Legal Marketing Cannot Be Left to the Marketers" 2014 (click here to learn more)
- Recipient, Ginnie Duffey-Troyer Award of Professionalism, FPRA-CWC, Public Relations (click here to learn more)
- Selected to the inaugural KNOW Fort Myers Book, Vol 1, 2020 - 2021 as a dynamic professional making an impact on Southwest Florida (click here to learn more)
- Verified Listing, Legal Recruiters Directory Worldwide
- AI Award, Best Nationwide Legal Recruitment Agency - USA, 2019
- SWFL, Inc. Chamber of Commerce
- Accepted into Leadership SWFL, 2021
- Finalist, Best in Business, Best Staffing Agency, Gulfshore Business, 2021
Making an appeal
We focus on the direct-hire placement of attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and C-level executives in law firms across all 50 states, and we work within other industries as well. We also place operational positions for law firms, including marketing directors and coordinators, legal administrative assistants and departmental managers.
But that’s not all we do.
Our focus is on delivering results. We want to build relationships and provide expert strategies for both our candidates and clients, so we can create outcomes that truly benefit all parties involved.
The discovery phase
We begin with our client to determine position specifics. We talk salary and benefits for the potential employee and firm culture, so we know what it means to work for the company and can market your story.
Next, we access the tools we've spent decades building: advanced recruiting software automation, our extensive database and network of contacts, referral sources, and our confidential candidates.
We then craft a candidate profile, complete with documents as specified: CV, resume, cover letter, transcripts, a writing sample, references, and so on.
After client feedback, we understand that time is of the essence and promptly coordinate the interview process, as well as assist with offer negotiations, start date logistics, and follow through to make sure all parties benefit with a successful start.
Interested in learning more about what Monzingo LLC can do for you? Join our newsletter mailing list.